From the DJ that brought you a decade of Lutons longest running dedicated goth club -
The Coven UK
Including the epic post-punk pub nights - Thursday Fury, Dark Night In Luton and The Friday Alternative.

Wednesday, 29 December 2010

Small Paul's Phabulous Party Phenomenon III - Saturday 20th November 2010

Had I said that the previous nights were chaos? Well, not compared to tonight!

I arrived circa 8pm to find Flexo Chris in his usual state of lost. Once again, his mobile phone (with backing tracks) and leads were nowhere to be found. I then found out that the ODC drummer wasn’t going to arrive till around 10.30pm. So much for structure.

I wanted to start the night at 9pm, but thanks to the jukebox and the G2s reluctance to turn it off, I had to threaten to walk before I finally got to start. Luckily Tinitus Pete had arrived on time, which is more that could be said about our actual host! Flexo Chris finally arrived 90 minutes later and after a brief sound check, we got underway. Once again, the DJ mixer was fucked and I occasionally had to manually tweak the cables to get both channels to work! Audience wise, we were a bit quiet to begin with, but the night soon picked up. ODC played a magnificent set, and a great night finally transpired. Before I knew it, it was kicking out time!

Thanks to everybody that showed up. We’ve no plans to do anymore this year, but ‘look out’ 2011!

DJ Nephilimbabe
The Black Angels - Prodigal Son
Loop - The Nail Will Burn
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Whatever Happened To My Rock 'n' Roll
The Guilty Hearts - Ain't That Good Of Man
The Heptanes - Phantom Cadillac

Flexo


DJ Nephilimbabe
Pussycat & The Johnsons - Boogie Woman
Godflesh - Hunter
God Machine - Tremolo Song
The Cult - Wolf Child Blues

Tinitus Karaoke


DJ Nephilimbabe
The Deathriders - Mexican Radio
Frankenstein - Black Lung
Dead Kennedys - Police Truck
The Exploited - Fuck The System

ODC

DJ Nephilimbabe
Ministry - Supermaniac Soul
Alice In Chains - Them Bones
Rammstein - Wollt Ihr Das Bett In Flammen Sehen
Faith No More - War Pigs
The Animals - We Gotta Get Out Of This Place
The Cure - Just Like Heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment