As expected, chaos ruled the night, but in an orderly fashion! We arrived circa 8pm with no sign of our gracious host, but various Adenoids and Lizards were all present and correct. After some standing around, we decided that we should start the night, and I headed off to the DJ booth for a short set with Queen Lizard starting off the live music.
Love ‘em or loath them, QL performed to their usual standard, although it appears not everybody finds them as interesting as I do. Having been stuck in the booth, I was coerced into doing the sound for the band and subjected to a drunken rant from a very obviously upset gentlemen that didn’t appreciate the musical offerings! I couldn’t really understand due to the noise levels so just told him to fuck off if he didn’t like it! With small Paul fronting the band for the first song, the set was overall too quickly, and QL shot off to the rival pub for another gig as SWANK.
Another brief DJ set, and The Adenoids were on. I’d managed to escape the DJ booth and got somebody to sort the sound out as I was back to my usual video duties. Another great set considering the last minute organising and obvious lack of band practise!
Next up was the ‘Cock-Rock Karaoke’ which again was set up in very little time, but proved rather successful. Kudos to Bekkie Adenoid for organising it, although it was yours truly that got stuck comparing most of the show! It always makes me laugh how people are so reluctant to join in, and then all of a sudden you’re inundated with requests to perform! I started off the singing proving that most of the time you shouldn’t really give me a microphone – if only for volume issues!
After about an hour of slaughtering some classic rock, I finished of the night with an eclectic collection of songs which all proved to be popular enough to get people dancing. Ah alcohol – what would we do without you!
DJ Nephilmibabe
Grindhouse (Planet Terror OST)
Gutter Demons - Playground Horror Peepshow
The Defectors - Fuck You 'Cause You're Lookin' Good
The Knockouts - Zinc
Blitzkid - Bloodletting
Queen Lizard
DJ Nephilmibabe
Deadbolt - Who The Hell Is Mrs.Vandez?
Cult Of The Psychic Fetus - Dead Bride
Big Black - Columbian Necktie
Psychocharger - Psychocharger
Beastie Boys - Sabotage
Chumbawamba - Bella Ciao
Goldblade - Out Of Control
The Adenoids
Cock-Rock Karaoke
DJ Nephilmibabe
CB4 - Sweat From My Balls
Cypress Hill - When the Shit Goes Down
Anthrax - I Am The Law
Shadow Reichenstein - Dracula Built My Hotrod
Elvis Presley - Trouble
The Stooges - 1969
The Cramps - All Women Are Bad
Cop Shot Cop - $10 Bill
Phil Collins & Phil Bailey - Easy Lover
The Kingsmen - Louie Louie
Combichrist - What The F**k Is Wrong With You?
No comments:
Post a Comment