From the DJ that brought you a decade of Lutons longest running dedicated goth club -
The Coven UK
Including the epic post-punk pub nights - Thursday Fury, Dark Night In Luton and The Friday Alternative.

Wednesday, 29 December 2010

Clockwork - Friday 19th March 2010 (Luton G2)

with The Knockouts & The Eyes in the Heat
At last, my first guest DJ slot of 2010. As I told what few people that came to support me, I’ve been hassling the Clockwork lads since July 2009 for a chance to play some psych’ 60s, and finally it happened.


I must admit it was weird to be back in the George 2nd after all this time, plus the recent let downs by the management for the one-off eighties night I’d been trying to organise, so it was good to be invited by the lads instead.


Anyway, the night in question, the pub was very full due to the ageing blues outfit, Nine Below Zero playing across the road. I was originally going to attend this night, but the job loss has stopped all such necessary socialising, so to be invited to play across the road was god send! As per expected, the pub numbers thinned out around 9pm, but I was left with a fairly good crowd to play to, all of which seemed to enjoy my offerings.


In fact, I can’t honestly remember when I had so many compliments on my set, including the Clockwork lads, The Knockouts and crowd. Both bands played extremely well, considering how awful the PA is in G2, especially considering that the keyboard player for The Knockouts was suffering from a migraine.

So thanks very much to Daniel and Calum for inviting me to play, and to those few that took the time to support me. Its always greatly appreciated.

Milt Buckner- The Beast
The Daybreakers - Psychedelic Siren
The Guilty Hearts - The Devils Tail
The Cramps - Sunglasses After Dark
The Stooges - 1969
The Killcreeps - Humanoids From The Deep
Frankenstein - Thunderjug
The Sonics - Strychnine
The Horrorpops - Psychobitches Outer Hell
Alien Sex Fiend - The Impossible Mission
Count Five - Psychotic Reaction
The Other Half - Mr Parmacist
Blitzkid - Bloodletting
The Moving Sidewalks - I Wanna Hold Your Hand

No comments:

Post a Comment