Arrived at CBs around 8pm, to a very unpleasant welcoming by one of the main staff, who seemed very reluctant to let me in, and stated "what do we need a DJ for?" After a bit of explanation, he let me in and I ventured upstairs to find a few friendly faces.
My main worry, and I'm not sure why, was whether my cd-rs would work on their system, so my case was loaded with extras just to weigh me down that little bit more. The desk was pretty standard, with the optional extra dodgy cd draw that threatened to only half open every time, and the headphone socket that rattled within its housing, but simple enough to use.
The support group apparently were not playing, thus leaving me to play a little bit extra before The Jamm came on stage. The band themselves executed an excellent performance, with their own occasional renditions. I haven't seen these guys since St.Albans in 1999, but they haven't slowed down one bit. A stonking gig, with a very rowdy crowd, all of whom thoroughly relived their teenage life with lustre for two extra hours.Usual standard set of "greatest hits" but a great way to get the crowd going.
Come 11.15pm, I was back on the decks, with 101 requests, although strangely, I had to decline the Slade song, of which I never had anyway! The house DJ was frustrating late, thus again, leaving me to play over my allotted time. I finally ended my sets about 12.45pm and ran for outside. Boy, it was a hot night. I can only guess what happened next, as a majority of the crowd left after me, obviously disappointed with the continued music selection!
So, kudos to Andy Sizmar for making the night happen. We can expect great things.
8.30pm – 9.45pm
The Buzzcocks - Real World
Stiff Little Fingers - Alternative Ulster
The Selector - On My Radio
The Specials - Concrete Jungle
Elvis Costello And The Attractions - (I Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea
Angelic Upstarts - Kids On The Street
The Rezillos - Flyer Saucer Attack
The Clash - I Fought The Law
Magazine - Shot By Both Sides
X-Ray Spex - I Am A Poseur
The Lurkers - Shadow
Siouxsie & The Banshees - 20th Century Boy
The Ruts - Staring At The Rude Boys
The Undertones - You've Got My Number
Killing Joke - Pssyche
Department S - Is Vic There?
Public Image Limited - Public Image
The Ramones - Sheena Is A Punk Rocker
Generation X - Your Generation
Chelsea - Right To Work
The Adverts - Gary Gillmores Eyes
The Skids - Into The Valley
Slaughter And The Dogs - Cranked Up Really High
Blondie - Dreaming
Boomtown Rats - Like Clockwork
11.15pm – 12.45am
The Undertones - Teenage Kicks ®
Dr.Feelgood - Milk & Alcohol
Bad Manners - Lip Up Fatty ®
Secret Affair - Time For Action
The Specials - Too Much Too Young
Madness - Night Boat To Cairo
The Ruts - Babylon's Burning
The Jam - Move On Up ®
The Specials - Skinhead Symphony ®
The Clash - London Calling ®
The Beat - Best Friend ®
Dead Kennedys - Holiday In Cambodia ®
Sham 69 - Hersham Boys
The Buzzcocks - Ever Fallen In Love ®
The Ramones - Blitzkreig Bop
Sex Pistols - Pretty Vacant
The Stranglers - No More Heroes
The Damned - New Rose
Spizzoil - Where's Captain Kirk?
The Jam - All Around The World
Bad Manners - My Girl Lollipop ®
Madness - The Prince
Generation X - King Rocker
The Knack - My Sharona
Siouxsie & The Banshees - Hong Kong Garden
No comments:
Post a Comment