I'd have never have thought, twenty one years ago, upon visiting The Electric Ballroom for the first time, that I'd ever be actually playing it!
Theoretically, I could have asked ages ago, but it never really occurred to me to bother, but then again, my interest in London has never been a great one as regards to clubbing, and let's face it, when you own your own night, why bother?
Anyway, last night put pave to any thoughts, doubts or anxieties I've previously had, and we arrived in London approx 9pm, starting off with a quick couple of drinks at The Dev. The drinks went down that bit too quickly, and before I knew it, the wife and I were off to seek entrance to the club. I never realised that it had a "tradesman entrance" and thanks to Ben, he showed us the way, otherwise, we'd been stuck outside until opening time!
We were quickly greeted by DJ Angel & Spunkylobster, whom were as excitable as usual, and very welcoming. All of a sudden it was 10.30pm, and the shout went out to start the music. By 10.40pm people were in and dancing and before I knew it, the floor was filled up adequately for an opening hour.
My hours slot just flew by, only briefly interrupted by the other DJs bringing in their gear for the later sets. Luckily, my recent back pain completely subsided, and I even managed a little dance, but nothing too mad! I finished my set, managed to down a quick pint, hand out the rest of next weeks Coven flyers, and I left, on a complete high, for which I expect will last till next week!
So thanks to DJ Angel for putting me on, small Paul for driving us down, and to all the Luton crew for their continued and loyal support, plus all the friends I've made in London, new and old.
10.30pm – 11.30pm
Angels And Agony - Foreward (Club Mix by Construggle Test)
Fields Of The Nephilim - For Her Light (Edit)
Rosetta Stone - Deeper
Queen Adreena - Medicine Jar
Garden Of Delight - Illuminate
Clan Of Xymox - There's No Tomorrow
Uberbyte - Total War
Sisters Of Mercy - Alice (Crystal Mix)
Ministry - So What
Combichrist - Enjoy The Abuse
Marilyn Manson - Angel With The Scabbed Wings
NFD - Light My Way
Soil - Halo
No comments:
Post a Comment