Well, as Halloween events go, it wasn't really what I had planned. I can only assume that the post-Whitby blues and various flu symptoms currently going around were the main reason for the lack of punters.
Still, the show must go on, and regardless of the fact the first DJ over played considering he had already played the first 90 minutes (and I use the term very very loosely -i.e. 20 second delays in between songs, decks not set-up at all, same bands played in quick succession etc) I lost my first fifteen minutes promptly messing up my original plans to create some type of gothic atmosphere and had to resort to club classics to refill the dancefloor.
Indeed, seems that people were obviously no longer in the Halloween spirit with a host of requests for standard 80s, and a heavy influenced bias for EBM, the latter I had not really prepared myself for, having recently taken out a hugh section of EBM/Industrial from my collection due to my change of tastes.
Anyway, thanks to Sabine for the kind invitation to play once again.
Killing Joke - Love Like Blood
The Awakening - Dark Romantics
Rob Zombie - Living Dead Girl
Marylin Manson - The Death Song
Zombina & The Skeletones - Zombie Hop
HIM - Under The Rose
Kim Wilde - Kids In America ®
Duran Duran - Girls On Film ®
New Model Army - 51st State ®
Danzig - Her Black Wings
Rammstein - Engel ®
The Cure - Purple Haze ®
Combichrist - Sent To Destroy
XPQ-21 - Darkness
No comments:
Post a Comment