From the DJ that brought you a decade of Lutons longest running dedicated goth club -
The Coven UK
Including the epic post-punk pub nights - Thursday Fury, Dark Night In Luton and The Friday Alternative.

Friday, 17 October 2014

Dark Night In Luton 16.10.2014

As some of you know, I've been forced upon a (pointless) DWP course (which is basically another excuse for the Tory government to doctor their unemployment figures to make out things are better than they actually are!) So, after the past few days of having to be upright and act in a sociable manner most of the day, I can't say I was really in the mood for going out again, and after the last two Dark Night events being so busy, I pretty much guessed that I wouldn't have much of an audience this week, so I strategically planned to play tribute to two good friends - Billy & Marina, both whom have had recent birthdays, and that I knew were definitely going to be down for the night, so when you read the playlist below, you'll understand why! If anything, I preferred the randomness and quirkiness of the set, and as nobody else complained, I guess it went down well! And as it happens, in the end, we had a good crowd out, albeit, only a few from the group site, but that's the norm I guess!

Dead Can Dance - Children Of The Sun
Cocteau Twins - Great Spangled Fritillary
The Cult Of Dom Keller - Heavy And Dead
Helitropes - I Walked Upon The Water
The Cult - Conquistador
A Flock of Seaguls - Standing In The Doorway
Clan Of Xymox - Be My Friend
Aeon Sable - Quaalude Tango
Merciful Nuns - Tower Of Faith
Killing Joke - Follow The Leader (Follow The Dub)
Leftfield - Open Up (Full Vocal Mix)
Red Hot Chili Peppers - By The Way ®
Ultravox - New Europeans
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Let The Day Begin
Simple Minds - Celebrate
The Cure - Lament (Flexipop Version)
Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark - Bunker Soldiers
Darker My Love - Talking Words
The Clash - Jail Guitar Doors
The Pixies - Down to the Well
The Psychedelic Furs - Mr. Jones
Bauhaus - Man With X-Ray Eyes
New Order - Procession
Nine Inch Nails - Reptile
The Damned - Wait For The Blackout
The Jam - Non-Stop Dancing
The Stylistics - Can't Give You Anything (But My Love)
The Stranglers - Enough Time
David Bowie - D.J.
The Birthday Party - Nick The Stripper
Dexy's Midnight Runners - Dance Stance
Bill Withers - Lovely Day
Depeche Mode - Policy of Truth
Frustration - Assassination
The Smiths - Frankly, Mr. Shankly
Hall & Oats - Family Man
Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - Going To A Go-Go
The Specials - Monkey Man
The B52s - Roam
Placebo - Teenage Angst
The Wedding Present - Nobody's Twisting Your Arm
Joy Division - Interzone
The Buzzcocks - Fast Cars
The Undertones - Mars Bars
The Drifters - Saturday Night At The Movies
Iggy Pop - Nightclubbing
Hawkwind - Silver Machine
Soft Cell - Say Hello, Wave Goodbye
Human League - The Things That Dreams Are Made Of
Gary Numan - Films
Siouxsie & The Banshees - Poppy Day
Martha Reeves & The Vandellas - Nowhere To Run
The Style Council - Speak Like A Child
Bryan Ferry - Don’t Stop The Dance
Red Kross - Yesterday Once More
Echo & The Bunnymen - A Promise
XTC - Generals & Majors
The Ruts - Something That I Said
The Floaters - Float On


No comments:

Post a Comment