The End Of An Error!
So there we go. My contracted reign at the Hat Factory comes to an end. Now its time to give my poor hearing a well deserved rest, although as I mentioned in an earlier FB post, the future is always unwritten and I'm sure more opportunities will become available before I'm fully put out to pasture, but for the time being, I've definitely had enough (again.)
As for the night in question, pleased to see more people out, and thoroughly enjoying the music and dancing right till the end of the night. Also a rarity in that we actually reached the 1am finish after my last few events having to close early due to lack of people! A classic quote from Blanche Dubois comes to mind as in "I have always relied on the kindness of strangers" as for this round of nights, I was trying my best not to rely on my ever declining friends list, esepcailly as the average quote seems to be "I'm too old for clubbing" seems to be cropping up more and more these days! Plus trying to play a bit more of a wider selection, even delving more into the commercial side, which is a shame as I still have plenty of great themed sets previously written and ready to go, but alas, I believe that Luton really is at its lowest peak for nightlife, plus I've already enquired into other venues, and they all echo the same.
Still, as another good friend put it. at least I made the effort and put some nights on, got to see people that I invariably rarely see these days, and played some great music in the process. I don't think people really realise how important these nights really are until its too late.
So, with thanks as always to those that have supported my five themed nights. Plus a special thanks to Vinyl Revelations and Monstera Canteen for taking my fliers and posters. keep watching the skies!
Intro:
Godflesh - Crush My Sooul
Revolting Cocks - Get Down
Death In Vegas - Dirge
Leftfield / John Lydon - Open Up
The Prodigy - Breathe ®
Sun Dial - Going Down
Underworld - Push Upstairs
Swervedriver - Son Of Mustang Ford
Goldie - Temper Temper (Grooverider Remix)
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Love Rollercoaster
Primal Scream - Kowalski
Helmet - Milquetoast
KMFDM - Joint Juke Jezebel
The God Machine - Home
Nine Inch Nails/David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans
Hollow Men - Don’t Slow Down
Kula Shaker - Govinda
The Cycle Sluts From Hell - I Wish You Were A Beer
Stereolab - French Disko
Air - Sexy Boy
CNN - Looking Forward
Killing Joke - Millenium
Suede - Filmstar
Beck - The New Pollution
Supergrass - Richard The Third
Skunk Anansie - Twisted ®
Manic Street Preachers - You Love Us
The Prodigy - Voodoo People
Deftones - My Own Summer (Shove It)
Beastie Boys - Sabotage
Senseless Things - Homophobic Arsehole
L7 - Everglade
Curve - Die Like A Dog
Babylon Zoo - Spaceman
Manson - Wide Open Space
Blur - Boys And Girls
Depeche Mode - It's No Good
The Verve - The Rolling People
Shed Seven - Chasing Rainbows
Garbage - Push it
Skunk Anansie - Weak ®
Hole - Celebrity Skin
Gay Dad - Joy!
Placebo - Every You Every Me
Monaco - What Do You Want From Me?
Presidents Of The USA - Lump ®
Alice In Chains - Them Bones ®
Cypress Hill - Insane In The Brain
House Of Pain - Jump Around
Sneaker Pimps - Spin Spin Sugar
The Cardigans - My Favourite Game
Nirvana - Silver
No Doubt - Just A Girl ®
Green Day - Basket Case ®
White Zombie - More Human Than Human
Korn - Got The Life
Blink 182 - All The Small Things ®
Marilyn Manson - The Beautiful People
Republica - Ready To Go
Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name
Cop Shoot Cop - $10 Bill
Sum 41 - Fat Lip
Sultans Of Pink FC - Where's My Jumper?
Shonen Knife - Top Of The World
The Sisters Of Mercy - Vision Thing
Pearl Jam - Even Flow ®
Fun Loving Criminals - Scooby Snacks ®
Underworld - Born Slippy (Nuxx) ®
Everything But The Girl - Missing (Todd Terry Mix)
Revolting Cocks - Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?
The Chemical Brothers - Hey Boy Hey Girl
Therapy? - Screamager
The Prodigy - Firestarter (Empirion Mix)
Apollo 440 - Ain't Talking 'bout Dub
Faithless - God Is A DJ
Godflesh - Crush My Sooul
Revolting Cocks - Get Down
Death In Vegas - Dirge
Leftfield / John Lydon - Open Up
The Prodigy - Breathe ®
Sun Dial - Going Down
Underworld - Push Upstairs
Swervedriver - Son Of Mustang Ford
Goldie - Temper Temper (Grooverider Remix)
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Love Rollercoaster
Primal Scream - Kowalski
Helmet - Milquetoast
KMFDM - Joint Juke Jezebel
The God Machine - Home
Nine Inch Nails/David Bowie - I'm Afraid Of Americans
Hollow Men - Don’t Slow Down
Kula Shaker - Govinda
The Cycle Sluts From Hell - I Wish You Were A Beer
Stereolab - French Disko
Air - Sexy Boy
CNN - Looking Forward
Killing Joke - Millenium
Suede - Filmstar
Beck - The New Pollution
Supergrass - Richard The Third
Skunk Anansie - Twisted ®
Manic Street Preachers - You Love Us
The Prodigy - Voodoo People
Deftones - My Own Summer (Shove It)
Beastie Boys - Sabotage
Senseless Things - Homophobic Arsehole
L7 - Everglade
Curve - Die Like A Dog
Babylon Zoo - Spaceman
Manson - Wide Open Space
Blur - Boys And Girls
Depeche Mode - It's No Good
The Verve - The Rolling People
Shed Seven - Chasing Rainbows
Garbage - Push it
Skunk Anansie - Weak ®
Hole - Celebrity Skin
Gay Dad - Joy!
Placebo - Every You Every Me
Monaco - What Do You Want From Me?
Presidents Of The USA - Lump ®
Alice In Chains - Them Bones ®
Cypress Hill - Insane In The Brain
House Of Pain - Jump Around
Sneaker Pimps - Spin Spin Sugar
The Cardigans - My Favourite Game
Nirvana - Silver
No Doubt - Just A Girl ®
Green Day - Basket Case ®
White Zombie - More Human Than Human
Korn - Got The Life
Blink 182 - All The Small Things ®
Marilyn Manson - The Beautiful People
Republica - Ready To Go
Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name
Cop Shoot Cop - $10 Bill
Sum 41 - Fat Lip
Sultans Of Pink FC - Where's My Jumper?
Shonen Knife - Top Of The World
The Sisters Of Mercy - Vision Thing
Pearl Jam - Even Flow ®
Fun Loving Criminals - Scooby Snacks ®
Underworld - Born Slippy (Nuxx) ®
Everything But The Girl - Missing (Todd Terry Mix)
Revolting Cocks - Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?
The Chemical Brothers - Hey Boy Hey Girl
Therapy? - Screamager
The Prodigy - Firestarter (Empirion Mix)
Apollo 440 - Ain't Talking 'bout Dub
Faithless - God Is A DJ


No comments:
Post a Comment