Well, I'll spare you the horrors I had to go through when arriving at the venue at 7pm, where we only just managed to get the night ready in time. Needless to say, most of you noted, we had to change rooms at the last minute, but I know some of you prefer the Basement 1 anyway!
Regardless of the chaos and the cold, and like the previous Ghostbusters event, support was still very low, but to be honest, the room was filled with friends, and everyone thoroughly enjoyed the night, catching up with old friends, plenty of dancing, and guests thanking me for such a wide selection of the genre. Plus it was also my birthday celebration so who could want for more. I did note back on my 50th never to celebrate again in public, but this was more coincidence than planned, so thought it best to run with it.
So again, thank you all so much that attended my last night of the year - your support means so much to me. I wish you all a very happy Christmas and blessed new year 🎅.
I'm due back on the 32nd day of the Gregorian calendar, or 1st February to you, hosting another 'Kick Up The 80s' style night entitled "The Dark 80s" as it currently reads more like an old 80s goth night!!
Kraftwerk - Autobahn
Genesis - I Know What I Like (In Your Wardrobe)
Thin Lizzy - Dancing In The Moonlight (It's Caught Me In Its Spotlight)
Aerosmith - Walk This Way
Wings - Silly Love Songs
Average White Band - Pick Up The Pieces
The Jam - In The City
Fox - S-S-S-Single Bed
Typically Tropical - Barbados
Andrew Gold - Lonely Boy
A Taste Of Honey - Boogie Oogie Oogie
Dawn - Knock Three Times
Space - Magic Fly
Van McCoy - The Shuffle
Gary Glitter - Rock And Roll (Part 1)
Curtis Mayfield - Move On Up
Sylvester - You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real)
Queen - You're My Best Friend
Eruption - One Way Ticket
The Stranglers - Peaches
George McCrae - Rock Your Baby
Tavares - More Than A Woman
Carl Douglas – Kung Fu Fighting
Eddie & The Hotrods - Do Anything You Wanna Do
ABBA - Money, Money, Money
Bacarra - Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
Bill Withers - Lovely Day
Wizzard - See My Baby Jive
Pattie LaBelle - Lady Marmalade
Dave Edmunds - I Hear You Knocking
Dave & Ansel Collins - Double Barrel
Heatwave - Boogie Nights
Free - All Right Now (Edit)
The Who - Who Are You (Single Edit)
T. Rex - Hot Love
David Bowie - Starman
Ram Jam - Black Betty
Deep Purple - Black Night
Status Quo - Caroline
The Sweet - Fox On The Run
David Essex - Gonna Make You A Star
David Dundas - Jeans On
Bee Gees - Jive Talkin'
The Osmands - Crazy Horses ®
Roxy Music - Virginia Plain
The O'Jays - Love Train
The Damned - New Rose
Alice Cooper - Schools Out
Bay City Rollers - Shang-A-Lang
KC & The Sunshine Band - That's The Way (I Like It)
Althea & Donna - Uptown Top Ranking
Canned Heat - Let's Work Together
Elvis Presley - Way Down
Suzi Quatro - Can The Can
Showaddywaddy - Dancin' Party
The Faces - Stay With Me
Mud - Tiger Feet
The Tramps - Disco Inferno
Alvin Stardust - My Coo Ca Choo
Darts - Come Back My Love
Chicory Tip - Son of My Father
Cockney Rebel - Make Me Smile (Come Up & See Me)
Billy Ocean - Love Really Hurts Without You
The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
Arrows - I Love Rock N Roll
Barry White - You're The First, The Last, My Everything
Stealers Wheel - Stuck In The Middle With You
The Jacksons - Show Me The Way To Go
Jonathon Richman - Roadrunner Once
Elton John - Saturday Nights Alright for Fighting
War - Low Rider
Stevie Wonder - Superstition
Edison Lighthouse - Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Grows)
T. Rex - Get It On
David Bowie - The Jean Genie
Slade - Mama, Weer All Crazee Now
Sparks - This Town Ain't Big Enough For The Both Of Us
Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way
The Rubettes - Sugar Baby Love
Sailor - A Glass Of Champagne
Rod Stewart - Maggie May
Mike Oldfield - In Dulci Jubilo

No comments:
Post a Comment