With a rushed start, a few complaints about the selection of music from the proles, regardless that the night has been advertised for a month, and with some confusion as to what was musically expected, I guess the night went OK in the end. As you may be able to gather from the below set, I didn't really get to play much of what I was hoping for, and ended up having to engage 'generic DJ mode' for the last half of the night, but I suppose you can't complain about a busy dance-floor!
Regardless, G2 is now pretty much sorted with its decor, and with the installation of new stage lights and new speakers, and the fact they can now turn the main lights off, the venue is again, a pleasure to DJ in, and I look forward to my next event in June. So many thanks to those that supported the night, those that traveled, Russ again for sound duties and Maureen for the lifts.
So next month, I will be joined once again by guest DJ Uncle Filthy for our first full-on alternative night since last November entitled "The Obsolete Man", where, hopefully with a strong support, we can provide the town with a night of great and eclectic music!
Henry Purcell - Music For The Funeral Of Queen Mary
Lorelle Meets the Obsolete - Ana
Tubeway Army - I Nearly Married A Human
In Strict Confidence - Eye Of Heaven
Cabaret Voltaire - Do Right
Lebanon Hanover - Die World
XTC - Making Plans For Nigel
Tubeway Army - You Are In My Vision
Blondie - Dreaming
Sextile - AVC
Gary Numan - Only A Downstat (Early Version)
Inertia - Deworld
Covenant - Stalker
Officers - Petals (feat Gary Numan)
A Flock Of Seagulls - Modern Love Is Automatic
Visage - Visage
Angel Theory - I Feel Disease
Tubeway Army - It Must Have Been Years
Soft Cell - Bedsitter (Extended)
Siouxsie & The Banshees - Happy House ®
Killing Joke - Fall Of Because
Fader - I Prefer Solitude
The Police - Walking On The Moon
Depeche Mode - Behind The Wheel (Vince Clarke Remix)
Tubeway Army - Replicas
Decoded Feedback - Heaven
Fun Boy Three - The Lunatics Have Taken Over The Asylum
Human League - Being Boiled (Fast Version)
Titán - Dark Rain (feat Gary Numan)
Blancmange - I've Seen The World
Nash The Slash - Children Of The Night
Siouxsie & The Banshees - Dear Prudence ®
Talk Talk - The Party's Over
Simple Minds - Up On The Catwalk
NONN - Clear
Black Light Ascension - Ocean
Tubeway Army - Me, I Disconnect From You
Yazoo - Don't Go
TVAM - We Like Fires
Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World
The Smiths - Bigmouth Strikes Again
The Specials - Ghost Town ®
The Jam - Town Called Malice ®
The Beat - Mirror In The Bathroom
The Clash - London Calling
The Cure - Boys Don't Cry
Dexy's Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen
The Buzzcocks - Ever Fallen in Love?
Tubeway Army - Are 'Friends' Electric?
Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
Culture Club - Do You Really Want To Hurt Me ®
Hall & Oats - Maneater ®
Adam & The Ants - Prince Charming
Blondie - One Way Or Another ®
Kraftwerk - The Model
David Bowie - Let's Dance
Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence
Siouxsie & The Banshees - The Passenger
Tubeway Army - We Are So Fragile
Rammstein - Radio
Orchestral Manoeuvers In the Dark - Electricity (Hannett/Cargo Studio Version)
Blancmange - Living On The Ceiling (12)
New Order - Thieves Like Us (7")
Sex Pistols - Pretty Vacant
The Specials - Gangsters
Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax
Blondie - Atomic
Gary Numan - Cars
Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
Madness - Baggy Trousers
UB40 - Food For Thought
Duran Duran - Girls On Film (Night Version)
Village People - Y.M.C.A.
Tubeway Army - Down In The Park

No comments:
Post a Comment