From the DJ that brought you a decade of Lutons longest running dedicated goth club -
The Coven UK
Including the epic post-punk pub nights - Thursday Fury, Dark Night In Luton and The Friday Alternative.

Saturday, 28 January 2017

The Spiral Scratch - 40 Years of Punk. 27.1.2017

As expected, kicking off 2017 with a sell-out Bowie night, is always going to result in the inevitable come down of the next event, regardless of its theme. The Spiral Scratch was certainly no exception, although timing and lack of cash probably proved to be the killer! But fuck it - myself and those that were kind enough to support the night had a blast, and it was great to hear some of the old bands again. Plus, not even the general population of the pub hassled me to change the music at any time, so I guess people enjoyed it more than they made out!

Regardless, many thanks to all those that helped promote the night. I greatly appreciate it.

The Nosebleeds - Ain't Been To No Music School
The Adverts - One Chord Wonders
The Buzzcocks - Breakdown
Public Image Ltd - Public Image
The Boys - I Don't Care
The Rezillos - Flying Saucer Attack
Eddie & The Hotrods - Teenage Depression
The Cortinas - Defiant Pose
The New Age Steppers - Fade Away
Devo - Jocko Homo
Alberto Y Lost Trios Paranoias - Kill
The Saints - Lipstick On Your Collar
Sex Pistols - (I'm Not Your) Stepping Stone (Wessex Studio Rehearsal Oct 1976)
UK Decay - Unexpected Guest (single version)
Dead Boys - Sonic Reducer
The Clash - Career Opportunities (Demo)
Cult Hero - I'm A Cult Hero
The Ruts - Jah War
The Nerves - Hanging On The Telephone
Patti Smith - Because The Night
The Dils - I Hate The Rich
Delta 5 - Mind Your Own Business
The Buzzcocks - Boredom
Johny Moped - No-One
Siouxsie & The Banshees - Metal Postcard (Mittageisen) (Peel Session)
Pneumania - Coming Attack
Pere Ubu - Modern Dance
The Damned - New Rose (Peel Session)
The Drones - Lookalikes

Short Circuit  Live  At The Electric Circus:-
The Fall - Stepping Out
John Cooper Clarke - Daily Express
Joy Division - At A Later Date
The Drones - Persecution Complex
Steel Pulse - Makka Splaff
John Cooper Clarke - I Married A Monster From Outer Space
The Fall - Last Orders
The Buzzcocks - Time's Up

The Avengers - We Are The One
Angelic Upstarts - Kids On The Streets
The Boys - I Don't Care ®
Babeez - Dowanna Love
The Skids - Charles
The Jam - The Modern World
Iggy Pop - Nightclubbing
Talking Heads - Psycho Killer
UK Subs - C.I.D.
PVC2 - Put You In The Picture
Au Pairs - Kerb Crawler
The Clash - London's Burning (Polydor Demo)
Adam & The Ants - Plastic Surgery
The Stranglers - I Feel Like A Wog
The Vibrators - Automatic Lover
The Lurkers - Shadow
The Boomtown Rats - Mary Of The 4th Form
Slaughter & The Dogs - Cranked Up Really High
999 - Homocide
Ultravox - Sat'day Night In The City Of The Dead
The Alternators - No Answer
The Buzzcocks - Orgasm Addict
Japan - Adolescent Sex
Blondie - Rip Her To Shreds
The Gonads - Stroke My Beachcomber Baby
The Restarts - Just Gets Worse
Klark Kent - Don't Care
Venus And The Razorblades - I Want To Be Where The Boys Are
Theatre Of Hate - Propaganda (Radio Session)
Eater - Outside View
Ritual - Brides
Squeeze - Cat On The Wall
Wayne County And The Electric Chairs - Paranoia Paradise
John Cale - Chickenshit
Asylum Party - Pure Joy In My Heart
Penetration - Don't Dictate
The Normal - Warm Leatherette
Peter & The Test Tube Babies - Spirit Of Keith Moon
Generation X - Your Generation
The Slits - Love and Romance (Peel Session)
Bauhaus - Dark Entries (Studio Version)
The Action - TV's On The Blink
Killing Joke - Wardance (Peel Session)
The Cure - Grinding Halt
Sex Pistols - Anarchy In The UK (Wessex Studio session Oct 1976)
The Buzzcocks - Friends Of Mine
Stiff Little Fingers - Alternative Ulster
The Fall - Psycho Mafia
Ian Dury & The Blockheads - Sex, Drugs & Rock 'n' Roll (Peel Session)
Alphia & Donna - Uptown Top Ranking
Joy Division - Komakino
Tubeway Army - That's Too Bad (Single Version)
Alien Sex Fiend - I Am A Product
The Adverts - Gary Gilmour's Eyes (Peel Session)
UK Decay - UK Decay
The Skids - The Saints Are Coming
Pneumania - Exhibition
The Clash - 1977 (Polydor Demos)
The Diodes - Red Rubber Ball
X-Ray Spex - Art-I-Ficial (Peel Session)
Department S - I Want
Sex Pistols - Pretty Vacant (Chris Spedding Demo)
Spizz Energi - Where's Captain Kirk?
UK Subs - She's Not There
Alternative TV - How Much Longer?
The Damned - Neat Neat Neat (Peel Session)
Tom Robinson Band - Glad To Be Gay
The Ruts - S.U.S. (Peel Session)
The Clash - White Riot (Polydor Demos)
The Ramones - Sheena Is A Punk Rocker
The Lurkers - Then I Kicked Her


No comments:

Post a Comment