From the DJ that brought you a decade of Lutons longest running dedicated goth club -
The Coven UK
Including the epic post-punk pub nights - Thursday Fury, Dark Night In Luton and The Friday Alternative.

Friday, 23 August 2013

Dark Night In Luton 22.8.2013

Looking at the eventual set list played, I do wonder why I bother spending the hours researching bands, the hours listening to the music and compiling into a half decent order, only to have only half a dozen people show up to listen. In the end, I scrapped most of what I was due to play as it just seemed a waste to fall on deaf ears.

Guest DJ Blackult played an interesting 30 minute to kick off the night, yet disappointingly, only a couple turned out to support him. So when I say that the night was 'intimate', this time I really meant it. Even the original hardcore element seems to have dispersed, and I'm constantly seeing an average of 80+ people not even bothering to answer their invites anymore.

Still, enough moaning and thanks to the few that did show up and stay for the duration. Highlights for me were the Gary Numan and the rediscovered Garden of Delight song. Sounded amazing, even on The George IInds PA!!

DJ Blackult 8- 8.30pm
Thosquanta - Monster
Sun - Laudanum
The Girl & The Robot - Crash Course In Hate
Jakalope - Pretty Life
Rise and Fall of A Decade - The Federation Of Love
Collide - White Rabbit
Menschliche Energie - I Am Conscious
Mein Kleid - Atomic Neon

DJ Russ 8.30 - 11.30pm
The Damned - Love Song (Album Version)
The Buzzcocks - Sixteen Again
The Stranglers - I Feel Like A Wog
UK Subs - Stranglehold
Billy Idol - Dancing With Myself
Bauhaus - Kick In The Eye
Fangs Of Fur - Cigarette
Adam & The Ants - B-Side Baby
The Jam - Pop Art Poem
Soft Cell - Chips On My Shoulder
The Cramps - Like A Bad Girl Should
Colourbox - Hot Doggie
Killing Joke - Kings And Queens
The Editors - The Weight
The Mission - Blood Brother
Love & Rockers - Kundalini Express
UltraNoir - No Human Detected
Belfegore - Nacht In Sodom
Big Black - Bazooka Joe
The Swans - Amnesia
Angels & Agony - Revelations (Shiva Mix)
Inertia - Call For Truth
Korn - Chaos Lives In Everything (feat. Skrillex)
Rammstein - Spieluhr ®
Angels Of Liberty - Talk About Nothing
Garden Of Delight - Last Day on Earth [Rediscovered]
God Machine - I've Seen The Man
Gary Numan - For The Rest Of My Life
Disturbed - Down With The Sickness ®
Soror Dolorosa - Beau Suicide
Anders Manga - Burn
Portishead - Wandering Star
Die Selektion - Steine Auf Dein Haupt
Deadbolt - Who Whacked Paully
Psycho Charger - Hunt For Elvis
The Cult - Every Woman And Man Is A Star
Marilyn Manson - Mutilation Is The Sincere Form Of Flattery
Demented Are Go - Out Of Control
Partly Faithful - Amen
Shadow Reichenstein - Dracula Built My Hotrod
Anti-Nowhere League - I Hate People
The Rezillos - Glad All Over

No comments:

Post a Comment