From the DJ that brought you a decade of Lutons longest running dedicated goth club -
The Coven UK
Including the epic post-punk pub nights - Thursday Fury, Dark Night In Luton and The Friday Alternative.

Monday, 29 April 2013

Dead & Buried 26.4.2013

One totally great night from start to finish. Of all the clubs I’ve DJed at before, D&B has always been my favorite. I think it has to do with the artistic license I’m given, plus I’ve always considered it to be the last refuge for more hardcore goth music in London. I always feel like I have to earn my night whilst playing, and although I sometimes felt like I’ve missed or not quite held the audience, Friday was not to be the case.

Playing in between Dick Venom & The Terrortones and after Partly Faithful, my style slotted very well inbetween very nicely, and with an eager, yet much younger crowd than I’m used to at D&B, the whole night just flowed perfectly. In fact, this was the first time in my DJ career that I had people applauding my songs throughout my set!!

It was great catching up with old friends, and making some new ones to boot! Our only regret was that we had to leave at 2.30am due to the trains, and that a new venue is currently being searched for D&B once again.

So my final thanks to Cavey Nik, both the great bands, and to the eager audience for making my weekend.

Set 1
Gorganas - Fucking USA ®
Die Selektion - Du Rennst
Siouxsie & The Banshees - Pure/Jigsaw Feeling
Merciful Nuns - Body of Light
Adam & The Ants - Physical (You're so)
Bloody Dead & Sexy - Friend In Mescalin
The Bolshoi - Giants
Jacquy Bitch - Louchard
Bauhaus - Terror Couple Kill Colonel (Remix)
Ulterior - Body Hammer

Set 2
New Days Delay - Stereo Katasatrophe
Joy Division - Warsaw
Qek Junior - Kurz Und Schmerzlos
Generation X - Your Generation
Violet Stigmata - Cut The Flesh Wires
Frustration - Your Body ®
Virgin Prunes - Caucasion Walk
Deadchovsky - Children of Tomorrow
Pussycat & The Dirty Johnsons - Afraid Of the Dark
Scarlet's Remains - A Desperate Action
Southern Death Cult - Fatman


No comments:

Post a Comment