From the DJ that brought you a decade of Lutons longest running dedicated goth club -
The Coven UK
Including the epic post-punk pub nights - Thursday Fury, Dark Night In Luton and The Friday Alternative.

Monday, 11 February 2013

Reptile - 9th February 2013

My first London club appearance in a while since the closure of my own night, so you can imagine my excitement levels. Having attended Reptile on various occasions, I was pretty confident I knew what would work well with the indigenous crowd, so you can imagine my disappointment when the host explained that he only wanted me to play 'post-punk'. To be honest, I don't really see the point in inviting guest DJs if you're going to dictate what they play. Luckily for me, and unfortunately for them, I'd only brought a select few CDs with me, so I decided that I wasn't going to be dictated too, and proceeded to play what I though was appropriate, and tbh, it worked as expected.

The night gained momentum, and after being moaned at for being late for my second set, regardless that I was told specifically to return to the decks at 12.45am, I proceeded with my second set, only to have the host stand behind me constantly throughout, and even interrupt my flow to play a song which he wanted to hear because I had a full dancefloor. I got to finish my set two songs later, but I was already totally pissed off at this stage, so took myself to the bar for the rest of the night, never to return, and remind me why I dislike playing London so much!

Regardless, I really appreciated the support from friends, but will stick to more local events from now on!

10.30pm - 11pm
The Cult - 83rd Dream
Lords Of the New Church - Holy War
Joy Division - Heart & Soul
Bauhaus - The Man With X-Ray Eyes
Merciful Nuns - Morphine Queen
Violet Stigmata - Cut The Flesh Wires
Siouxsie & The Banshees - Halloween (Peel Session)
The Cult - Resurrection Joe ®

12.40am - 1.15am

Eden House - Neversea
Danse Society - Wake Up
John Crosby - If You Are In Heaven
Human League - Seconds
John Foxx - Underpass (played by Vade Retro)
Clan of Xymox - Is Vic There?
Garden Of Delight - Play Dead



No comments:

Post a Comment